Sunday, September 5, 2010

Gettin' all religious on ya. (:

So, I've realized so many things today. Mostly from church. I swear I learn more in church than school. Go God! :D


Okay, so you know the Parable of the Laborers in the Vineyard? (Matthew 20: 1-16, if you want the real thang, and not my nonsense version :P) Basically, these laborers really wanna work in this vineyard. It's tough times, they gotta feed their families, yada yada yada. So, the manager dude takes a couple people out every couple hours and gets them to go work. They all agreed to one denarius (some sorta money) per day. Eventually there's only one dude left. Manager's like, "Dude, whattheheck, why aren't you working?" and the dude's like "Uhm, 'cause you didn't hire me. Idiot." So he tells him to go work. Then at the end of the long/sweaty day, the manager tells his little assistant person to pay all the workers in order of the last worker to the first. So basically, the ones who JUST started, or haven't worked all day in the hot, get rewarded first. So as the guys that have worked WAY longer than these other guys see that they're all getting paid the same, they get kinda tickedd. Like, "Whaaaat! We've worked all freakin' day, and we don't get any more than they do?!" And the manager's like, "Well, yeah. You all agreed to work for a denarius a day. Why should you be paid more? Don't I have the right to do what I want with my own money? Or are you envious because I am generous?"

Oh snap....he told them. :P

So basically, what I got get out of this is: It doesn't matter how long you've been a Christian. Your rewards are the same in Heaven. We should never judge someone who isn't a Christan, or the same Christian as us. (even though we shouldn't judge in general :P) God's got a plan for them of His own, and you have no right to think badly of people...ever. Also, it reminds you of God's freaking awesome grace. He has the total freedom to send us all to Hell, 'cause we're sucky sinners, but He's so generous and chooses not to. (:

So.....thanks God. You're awesome. ♥

Also, on a different-yet-somehow-related-note; I found out this guy, Brian Savage, passed away last Friday. No, I don't personally know him, whatsoever. Never seen him, never talked to him, never even heard of him before last Sunday. But a LOT of people from my church did, reallly well. Some were even his best friends. He was really young, a good guy, & is going to be dearly missed for sure. And being the Facebook-obsessed person I am, I looked up Brian. I read all the posts from so many people, saying how amazing he was, how much they really love him, and how they know he's watching over them. I don't know...just hearing stuff like that, and seeing what it does to other people really gets to me. It makes you realize how precious life really is. So treat everyone with love and respect, even the jerks. What makes you any better than them, anyways? Answer : Nothing.

'Cause you just never know...ya know?

Just something to think about.

Rest in peace, Brian. ♥

Andddd, soccer death is soon, yayyyy.
But Ima try to be positive, and have fun. 'Cause if not, this whole blog makes me a hypocrite.

P.S. I felt like bolding a lotta things in this blog. I may do that often. Don't judge me, :P



No comments:

Post a Comment