Saturday, September 24, 2011

My dad's awesome.

It's true. Last night I was driving and he was just like, "Do you feel like getting a fancy overpriced drink at Sheetz? Yes? Turn right." and we got French vanilla caramel cappachinos. (For the record, he never does that :b) Then we got home and watched JennaMarbles videos. He loves her, but he kept saying "can you find a different one where she doesn't say 'fuck' every two seconds?" Hahaha. We watched abuncha music videos that we think each other would like (Mumford & Sons, The Beatles, Simon & Garfunkel, The Kooks, and Mat Kearney) Then we finished everything with episodes of Awkward and Glee. He loves my two favorite shows as well. Like, seriously? What does your dad that's that cool. NOTHING. :b

"I've heard it said that people come into our lives for a reason, bringing something we must learn. And we are lead to those who help us most to grow, if we let them and we help them in return. Well, I don't know if I believe that's true. But I know I'm who I am today, because I knew you." -For Good lyrics, from the musical Wicked.

I saw that on broadway with Kaycee last December, and it was seriously one of the coolest things, ever. I really like that quote, and Kurt from Glee sings it like beautiful, gay angel he is. (That's not supposed to be offensive or anything, I freaking love him) I wanna frame that and put it on my wall, it's so true. God puts everybody in our lives for a reason, and if they're taken out of our lives than it must be for a reason as well. That definitely something I gotta learn and embrace lately. When people leave, although it may hurt, you've gotta be thankful for it in a way. They left, sure. And it's really gonna suck for awhile. But they changed you, and they're part of the reason you're the person you are now. You're stronger, beautiful, smarter, and just better off. If people don't wanna be in your life anymore, that should be okay. People are replacable, and that's what it comes down. And that's really not such a bad thing these days, in most cases.


...Those two things were really unrelated, I apologize. Goodnight, <3

No comments:

Post a Comment