Sunday, August 8, 2010

Serious time.

I just wanna write about something...I don't know why...I am in the strangest of moods...kinda reflective and sentimental....so I'm just gonna write about stuff....okay....


Being Brethren : I absolutely love it. I can't imagine being another of denomination, or religion for that matter. Elizabethtown Church of the Brethren rocks my socks. And I don't even say that, haha. I love that: we're AntiBapists. It means like, we're for baptism fo' sure, but we do it like...6th grade-on. We don't do the whole, baby baptism thinger. We believe that it's our personal choice, and when we're able to make that decision without being forced into it, it's right. We don't hate on other churches that do that though, haha. I also love that: we're also all about peacemaking, and simple living. It's our thang. Like, our "tagline" I guess you could say, is "Simpfully...peacefully...together" :D. We're always doing workcamps, service projects, peace teams, BVS (Brethren Volunteer Service) and stuff like that. We love our music too, but we do a lot of nowaday music. I'm in the choir, and we do like, Relient K, Switchfoot, Sanctus Real, Casting Crowns, Skillet, etc... I like that we do that, and it's not 100% hymns. I get so much out of our church, and as much as I love my other youthgroup's churches, I could never switch. I'm really genuinely excited to see where God takes me in my amazing church, and I'm so thankful for my church family. We've all helped each other through tough times, and we really are this loving community. I think NYC helped me to realize that, and I love ittt. :)



Aunt Edna : Rest in peace. I love you, so much. She's really my great aunt, but whatever. I don't like adding all those greats, to be honest. It makes me feel less close to them. Aunt Edna was one of the closest members to me in my entire family, my mom and dad included. She had this light inside of her, as corny as it sounds :P, that I never really see much in people anymore. She was ALWAYS singing in this cheery and beautiful soprano voice that I remember vividly. She went to Thailand, and always talked about the children there. She loved kids. She taught little like, 3rd graders too in Sunday School, and they were the light of her world. She loved watching them grow, and teaching them stuff about God. She suffered from breast cancer. I remember we went to visit her, and as soon as we walked into the room, she yelled "Carla! Alicia!" in this amazingly happy "I-haven't-seen-you-in-300-years-kinda voice, and gave us the biggest hugs, ever. She told me how much she liked my nails, and how badly she wished she could've made it to one of my soccer games. How truly sorry she was. She said how she'd always feel awful that she'd never make it to one. It was hard to keep it together in front of her, and I failed epically. She died November 26th, 2009. She's the first person I really...knew to pass away. I'd never really experienced grief over losing anybody before. It was really hard, and I hope to never go through something like that again, or atleast anytime soon. We pushed through her funeral, and there wasn't a dry eye in the house. A few days before that though, we found out her will. She had left our family with her entire estate. I think it was my Aunt Angie to read us that, and immediately I heard a buncha "what?!'s" from my family. They all started bawling, and I was quite confused. I didn't know what that meant, and I started to get kinda panicky, and asked what it meant. It meant, that Aunt Edna left us over $200,000 dollars. She wanted to see me and Carla go off to college, to have a full life. She wanted my mom with all her disabilities to remodel our house, so life would be easier for her. She wanted us not to have to worry about money as much, and just live. She wanted that for us. She had so many closer relatives to her, and she chose us, to give that huge blessing to. We're all so grateful, and I'm happy she's with God now, and out of any suffering. I love her more than anyone could imagine, and miss her very much. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment