Tuesday, July 27, 2010

More than Meets the Eye 2.

YAY, CONFRENCE! :D

We're finallllly there. But, it deffinitely wasn't all smiles. While on the trip, this girl Taylor's mother had broken 2 bones in her ankle while hiking. She had to go to the hospital, and have surgery. When we were about at Conference, one of our pastors, Pastor Josh announced that Taylor's grandpa was in very critical condition at the Hospital. Man, that was horrible. Everyone at our church knows her grandpa, Royal Snavely. He's like, that grandpa that everyone has and just one of those amazing people that loves you, no matter how little he knows you. Almost everyone was either; teary-eyed, sobbing hysterically, or just crying. It was so hard, and I really do feel for Taylor. :(
The next day, he passed away, and Taylor left with her mother to go home. It was so sad, but she did come back two days later, praise God. :D

Otherwise, on a slightly happier subject, Conference!
WE HAD MADE IT! We were all excited, despite the grim news we had just heard.
We settled into our dorms at Colorado State University, and then went to a welcome picnic. Mutual Kumquats was playing, whom I grew to love greatly. They're an amazingggg band, that I would deffinitely check out, if I were you. :)
We had worship that night, then went to bed.
Okay, time to just list the highlights. :)

1) Small groups! Ohmy, do I love my small group. Second day, Sunday, I was helplessly lost looking for mine. Seriously. I'm gonna completely fail at finding my classes when I go to college. Anyways, I ran into this guy Hunter, and I asked if he knew where he was going, or if he knew where Ingersfoll lounge was. HE DID! We were in the same small group. Fancy that, :D
So yeah, he became my new best friend, and we got rather close.

2) Annointing Service. Geez. This was also known as the solemn, silent service. No cheering, no clapping, no whooping, haha. P Greg (our pastor) and Chrissy (Mount Wilson advisor, WHO IS AMAZING!) did it. They put oil on your forehead, and bless you. It's very very powerful. And after the service, our whole group kinda met outside. We were all crying or sobbing, and it was really, just...powerful. People with tough exteriors broke down, and we were just all vulnerable. We all gave each other hugs, and really really grew closer. It was amazingly beautiful, <3
The fact that Royal had died, wasn't helping our crying either. I walked back eventually with my friend Hallie, (Royal was her uncle) and we were both sobbing. Almost back, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned, and saw Hunter. He didn't even say anything, and threw his arms around me. He held me, as I cried even harder and got his shirt all wet. He comforted me, and said how he just wanted to let me cry, and not have me be embarassed. After maybe 10 minutes (literally) of him just holding me, he took me over to this tree and prayed out loud with me. It was so amazing, and I cannot thank Hunter enough for it. I felt so blessed by God, and it was truly just indescribile. (:

3) AIDAN OTTONI-WILHEIM! :D
Ohmy, I love that girl. We met last year on a workcamp up in Innisfree, Virginia, and immediately became bestfriends that week. We e-mailed all year, and kept in touch as much as physically possible. I saw her at Conference (she told me she'd be there) the second day, and we dramatically screamed and ran to hug each other. It was great :D. I was beyond ecstatic to see her, and we went to the Mutual Kumquat concert together that night. I was soooo happy. :)

4) Hot Dog Suit Guy, and Brethren Boy.
You're amazing. 'Nuff said.

5) All my camp people, say heyyyy!
I saw soooo many people from Camp Swatara, it's not even funny. Every day, I'd recognize somebody, and we'd catch up. Conselors, campers, leaders, everybody! It was greattt. :)
Btw, I love Kyle for doing the Banana Song, Hammer time, Banana Rap during the last meal there.

6) THE FOOD.
Being the fatty I am, I loved it. Our group ate out 12 times. xD

7) Ephrata Boys, hahahah.

Okay, so....Hallie wanted to sit with this cute guy from her small group. That was quite the fail. I just talked to the cute guy he was friends with, D. After 10 awkward minutes, I faked a text message saying we were supposed to sit with somebody else, and we left. Haha. So we just found 2 empty seats in the other cafeteria, and sat down. All of a sudden, I get this wadded up napkin in the side of my face. I turn around and this guy two seats away or so goes, "Hey, my name's Cory. and this is Ethan, and he's too shy to introduce himself." So....I made friends with about like, 8 Ephrata boys that lunch and their pastor haha. It was great. ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment